Wisconsin workers and allies protest Repulican Governor Scott Walker’s proposed cuts to public sector union jobs, wages and benefits, including curtailing collective bargaining rights. See a summary of coverage on Colorlines, on-the-ground reflections on StaleyBookBlog, and a slideshow on Working In These Times.
A Project of Arise Chicago
- RT @UNITEDWEDREAM: 🚨 WE HAVE TO PROTECT IMMIGRANTS! 🚨 RT these images—people need them more than ever! #HereToStay #Not1More https://t.co… 5 hours ago
- RT @AriseChicago: Last week's #DayWithoutImmigrants March showed were are not afraid.Time to start planning #MayDay! #ChiStrikesBack https:… 14 hours ago
- Last week's #DayWithoutImmigrants March showed were are not afraid.Time to start planning #MayDay! #ChiStrikesBack facebook.com/events/2502106… 14 hours ago
- RT @WBEZeducation: Latino attendance in #Chicago last week: Tues 94.8%. Wed 93.7%. Thurs #DayWithoutImmigrants 76.26% #CPS 1 day ago
- RT @WBEZeducation: Numbers for @ChiPubSchools #DayWithoutImmigrants are in: 100+ schools had attendance rates 20%+ below their rate 1 yr ago 1 day ago
Post CategoriesArise Chicago Charter Schools Chicago Mercantile Exchange City of Chicago Faith & Labor Health & Safety Hyatt Illinois Immigration Inequality International International Workers of the World Legislation Mexico Midwest Worker Struggles Occupy movement Policy Press releases Starbucks Strike Teachers Uncategorized Unions Wage Theft Wobblies Women Workers Workers centers